Aug 8, 2009

phone calls

when i need my mom, i call. ok, really i call her all of the time. daily, in fact. ok, so sometimes more than once a day. i never even have anything to say, i just call to hear her voice. but when i really need her, i call and wait for her to realize that i need her. i say hi. we do some small talk. i get quiet. more small talk, more quiet. she catches on, 'honey, are you ok?'...and today she got the 'noooooooo...sob sob sob'.

my poor mom. she has too many kids. i should stop tricking her and just tell her when i need someone to talk to.

2 comments:

  1. That's what moms are for. Mine keeps telling me that I'll know all about it in another 15 years or so. I keep hoping Blake will comfort me the way my mom can, but he doesn't have that gene. It really pisses me off.

    ReplyDelete

say hi, leave a note. comments make me all happy inside.