Aug 11, 2009

clear my head

i am not a good runner. it hurts. i am learning. i am trying. i started running before the divorce. it was a means of escape...i was running away from reality and running towards quiet.

when i run my mind is racing, it is far from clear. the world shuts down around me but my thoughts go wild. thoughts that i usually block out.

i ran for 30 minutes, 30 minutes of this...

how did this happen? how did i become a single mom? why couldn't i have been stronger sooner? did i deserve what happened to me? what role did i play? what blame do i own? will i ever forgive? i will never forget.
insert: i am about to pass out.
i am happy now. i was happy before. i was happy for so long. it took 2 years to fall apart. for me to fall apart. 2 years of trying to leave. 2 years of wishing i could ask for help. say the words. say them out loud. it took 2 years to build the courage.
insert: how much longer do i have to run? i am going to die.
will i be ok? i am ok. will i always be ok? was part of this my fault? how did this happen to me? will it happen again? maybe i did deserve it? i didn't deserve it.
insert: i can't breathe. why am i still running?
i can do this. i am doing this. i had to let go. i had to go. i was gone long before i left. i couldn't stay. i couldn't make it go away. i couldn't help him. i couldn't hold him up. i couldn't. not anymore. i couldn't help him without destroying myself.
insert: holy crap, i am going to just fall over and die.
i can see my new street. i love this street. i can't believe i live here. how is this mine? who was watching over me? how did everything fall into place? how is it possible for me to be completely thankful? how did i build the courage to leave? how did i become strong enough to walk away? will i always be this strong? i will.
insert: wait, this isn't my street...i still have 1 more block to run. shit.
i can see my house now. i love it. love. i am blessed. i am thankful. i am happy. my run is over and my head is now clear.

4 comments:

  1. That was great. A powerful look inside your mind (and a pretty cool take on running too!) I smiled at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kaylen I love you.....You make me smile everytime I read your post

    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I couldn't help help him without destroying myself". This thought ran through my mind years ago--years before Christian--a whole other life ago. We'll share, contrast and solve the worlds problems over a glass of wine--I lied, a bottle of wine---in the near future. And yes, you will always be this strong!!!! Sibyl

    ReplyDelete
  4. lmfao at your running commentary. not the deep stuff. just the italics.
    I've already told you what I think about the deep stuff. It still stands for the next 50 posts that you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete

say hi, leave a note. comments make me all happy inside.