Aug 19, 2009

hold you

for nearly 3 years i have heard 'mommy, i need to hold you'. focus on the 'you'...that's the part that tugs at my heartstrings. ok, well, he hasn't really talked for 3 years...change that to 1 year.

last night, he held his arms up and said 'mommy, i need you to hold me'. me. he said me. he didn't say you. my eyes welled. my heart broke.

i don't remember the last time he said 'mommy, i need to hold you.' if i had known it would be the last time, i would have savoured it longer. i didn't know.

3 comments:

  1. Tell him he can have a cookie everytime he tells you he wants to hold you. That should do it.

    :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's your stalker Tish.....cute blog..He is growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many things like this! Things that utterly steal your breath with their cuteness - and then change in the blink of an eye. Cameron, for instance, said "yunny" instead of "yummy" for the longest time, and it was adorable. He'd say it in this tiny singsong voice: "Yun-ny!" Then just the other day, out of the blue, he said "Yummy." Just like it's supposed to be said. And now he's even moved on to "delicious."

    I'm right there with you, sister. :)

    ReplyDelete

say hi, leave a note. comments make me all happy inside.