May 11, 2010

since my last post i have been getting a lot of questions about why i am attending buddhist classes. i have lots of reasons that will likely all make it into this blog at some point. but the main reason is that i can understand it. it is the first time that i can nod my head and agree. i ask questions, i get answers.

meanwhile, my sweet friend kim is christian. and tonight she tried to explain a bible story to me...

kim: ...so Hannah had a baby and devoted the baby to God when he was 3.
kay: how do you devote a 3 year old to God?
kim: she gave it to him.
kay: how do you give God a baby?
kim: you know, she just gave it to him.
kay: she gave him a real baby?
kim: yes.
kay: like a real baby?
kim: yes.
kay: for real?
kim: yes.
kay: how do you just give a real baby to God?
kim: bc at this point God was a real man.
kay: how was he a real man?
kim: bc he was Jesus
kay: hold up...i thought Jesus was God's son?

this went on for awhile...she gave up.

now do you understand why buddhism is simply a better fit for me? i would annoy christians.

1 comment:

  1. If the Catholic church gives MX an annulment I may be with you at your buddhist classes. Wait that isn't on the list...it may have to wait until 30 things before 31.

    ReplyDelete

say hi, leave a note. comments make me all happy inside.