May 9, 2010

our neighbor lady came by on friday. i have met her a few times, nothing more than chit chat though.

she wanted to wish me a happy mother's day weekend. and began by telling me that many years ago she was a single mom too...of a boy that is now in his 30s. and that from the moment we moved in she has watched us through her front window.

she laughed as she described watching me pull him on a sleigh in a flat yard with no snow, how she watches him repeatedly tackle me in the front yard, watches him giggle everytime i lose the race, watches us tend to our worms together and how incredibly happy he seems to be.

she was crying. i was crying. brody was shooting us.

it was the best mother's day wish. memories for her. affirmation for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

say hi, leave a note. comments make me all happy inside.