May 6, 2010

everyone keeps asking me what i am doing for mother's day this weekend. they lean in and whisper what are your plans for mother's day, kay? as if i am broken. as if no one will acknowledge or wish me a happy mother's day.

good intentions, yes. but is the pitiful tone necessary?

so i will be spending mother's day at the zoo with my sidekick. same as last year. and we will be looking for a giant panda that doesn't exist and have a meltdown bc we can't find it. same as last year. and he may or may not wish me a happy mother's day. same as last year.

and that's all i want. so no more pitiful tones, k?

3 comments:

  1. I think your day sounds heavenly. I love the zoo. Let me know if you go again.

    I'm headed straight for the land of friendly people. Let's get that drink we have been talking about when I get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't you love people's "good intentions"? just do whatever makes YOU happy - that's all that matters, even with the meltdowns, even with the exhaustion that will surely follow the trip, just enjoy your day with brody...that's all that really matters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In case B doesn't say it... Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

say hi, leave a note. comments make me all happy inside.