Jun 24, 2009

he won't eat

i can't get him to eat dinner anymore. i cook every single night minus friday pizza night. i hate cooking. i spend nearly $150/week on groceries. i cook all his favorite things. did i say that i hate cooking?

hating to cook + he won't eat = ugh

it doesn't matter what i cook, he will only eat ketchup and applesauce. last night i made a casserole and he ate 3 helpings of applesauce instead. the night before i made hamburgers and waffle fries (unhealthy, i know...but i'm a cool mom) and he just licked the ketchup.

i could save a lot of time and money if i stopped cooking. just feed him ketchup and applesauce everynight. if only. but that is neglect. or is it? it is. so my maternal instinct cooked dinner again tonight.

wouldn't eat it. time for plan b. cupcake sprinkles. all over the top of his food. it's fun. it's colorful. who doesn't want to eat cupcake sprinkles. he ate everything on his plate. genius.

3 comments:

  1. I went through the ketchup phase too. All I would eat was ketchup. As in pour it in a bowl and I will eat it with a spoon. Sick. I no longer eat ketchup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are genius. I am going to have to try that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cupcake sprinkles ... I will totally have to try that, because I have a picky eater too! It makes me so sad. When he was younger he would literally eat ANYTHING - and now he's just the opposite. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

say hi, leave a note. comments make me all happy inside.