Jun 9, 2009

my men

i have a handful of men in my life that are very protective of me. my brother-n-law would drop anything to help me-always has, my good friend checks on me & jokes with me daily-i always know he is there whether it is via facebook, email or a quick phone call, my dad is my silent protector and would pull his shotgun if you hurt me- seriously, and my brother who has his own struggles to deal with but always reminds me that i am loved...

the most protective man in my life, however, is only 2 years old. he is old enough to understand that it is just him and i now. he is old enough to know he is the man of the house. and he is old enough to take on the role of protecting his momma.

it began a couple of months ago. at the pool- don't splash my mommy!, at the grocery store-don't run into my mommy!, at home-jack, don't run over my mommy's head!, at daycare-noooo, that is my mommy!...and it always ends with 'are you ok mommy, are you ok!?'.

so this morning i drop the cell phone on my foot...man it hurt...but i held in the cussing and sat on the floor while the pain subsided....here comes brody, 'are you ok mommy!!!??'...then a rub of my forehead, a kiss on my foot, and he put the cell phone in a time-out. we get to school and he won't let go...hanging on to me with a choke hold. ms clara says 'brody, who are you foolin'...why won't you let go of your momma?'. my protective boy says 'the cell phone hurt her, my mommy is hurt'.

i love him.

3 comments:

  1. Oh sweet Brody--that post made me tear up. Isn't it amazing how in tune they are to emotion at such a young age. They really have a much more sensitive and refined radar than we do and I LOVE that about kiddos. Give Brody an extra sweet kiss tonight---he deserves a million for taking such good care of his mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got one more protective man in your life! Know we don't see each other very often (which is bad considereing I'm the closest family member to you), but you know I've got your back too Kay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh, i just read this......love this!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

say hi, leave a note. comments make me all happy inside.