Jun 17, 2009

what i wouldn't change

this is what i learned, this is what you left me with and this is what i wouldn't change...

i now understand that no matter how hard it is to say the words, it is ok to tell your family that you failed

i will no longer underestimate the power of friendship. when everything fell apart, this is who i turned to. they were there before & during...but most importantly, they were there after

i will never again shut someone out of my life bc they know what i am trying to hide

i will never again hide the truth just bc i am too scared to tell

i will never again live someone else's dream...i have my own

i will never again live where i don't belong

i will never again wish away time

i will never again drive and drive and drive just bc i don't want to go home

i will never again look someone in the eyes to see hatred looking back at me

i will never live in silence just bc it seems easier

i will never again forget what it feels like to laugh

i will never again hide away

i am strong

i am smart

i am funny

i am happy

i am my own

this is what i wouldn't change...and what i wouldn't have known otherwise.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. I am blown away. That was so raw, eloquent and real. You are a gifted writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is why we love you. You are a strong person and you have proven that this year. I love you and hope you are doing well with your new schedule. Love you
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete

say hi, leave a note. comments make me all happy inside.