Jul 4, 2009

the tub

lowes failed me today. i am so loyal to them and up until today they have been loyal to me.

i understand their signs. i am able to navigate my way through their store with little help from their employees. when i do need help, they are nice to me and never make me feel stupid although my questions are usually just that, stupid. i walk in with complicated descriptions of what i need and sometimes i draw pictures for them, they always help me.

today though, they failed me. they broke my heart. i am on a break from them.

i need a new tub for the new house. and i need it day one of move in. my plans were to set up installation the day we take ownership. found a tub. easy.

asked the guy to help answer some questions. before i even finished my first question of 'when you install...', he cut me off. they don't install tubs. wait. you don't install tubs? nope.

are you going to force me to...dare i say...go to home depot? nope. they don't install tubs either. at this point, the poor guy experienced my tears. it's my new thing. i am not mad or sad...but the tears come before the emotions and i can't stop them.

so now i have an old tub in the new house that i need to get rid of. how do i pull it out? i have a new tub at lowes that they won't deliver or install for me. i can't carry it and i sure as hell don't know how to install it.

i want to do things on my own. i do. i try. ok, so really i just try to pay other people to do it...but when that fails it is easier to cry and wish my brother-n-law lived here.

5 comments:

  1. Why do they sell things they won't install??? Kay I would never in a million years know who would do that either. I have seen commercials for a company called rebath, though, that comes in and installs a new tub over your old one in ONE day. After painting one time J left the paint brush in the tub and the paint settled into the textured bottom of the tub. Long story short the tub looks dirty now even when its clean so I take notice of those commercials! Lol
    Just incase I haven't mentioned this in a few weeks, the fact that you take on all of this on your own makes you superwoman to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, that really sucks. I wouldn't have the FOGGIEST idea how to install a tub! You would think that a place that sells tubs would have a professional installation team - or at least be able to point you in the direction of someone who CAN do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. johnny says that you need to call a local plumber, you can get the tub from them and they will install and get rid of the old one. or lowe's should be able to refer you to someone. or you could move here and johnny could help you with all of this stuff, just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, you're back! Hope you had a good vacay! Sorry about the tub. But, if you can pick one out that fits, you can definitely find a contractor to install one. Sounds like you're gonna need one anyway if you are remodeling. Or watch HGTV. I swear, that channel has some of the coolest shows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A guy that works for me, his dad is a contractor. Want me to find out if he can help?

    ReplyDelete

say hi, leave a note. comments make me all happy inside.