May 18, 2009

she has a ladder

little did i know when i moved here that pv is full of singles. coincidentally, i met the neighbor behind me this weekend. she has a great home, beautiful yard and perfect landscaping. in my mind that equals having a husband. nope, she also lives alone. wait a minute, who does your yardwork? i do. who moved all those rocks? i did. who mows for you? i do. who planted all those shrubs? i did. dammit woman, you're killin' me.

so tonight i am looking out our window and she has a ladder. not just a normal ladder, but a huge one that even men only stare at in home depot. i hate home depot, i should have said lowes. so she props the ladder on the side of her house and starts climbing up. lady, what the hell are you doing? climbs to the top and starts cleaning out all her gutters. her gutters. on her roof. on top of a ladder. really.

now i have to go get a ladder. and plant my own bushes. and move my own big rocks. if she can do it then i can do it. she probably also remembers to take her trash out once a week.

5 comments:

  1. Screw all that - you have a good job. Pay someone hot to do it and pretend to sunbathe on your new chairs so you can watch him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my mom...she did everything

    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  3. i say make friends with this lady and borrow her ladder!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your neighbor reminds me of this blog post http://tinyurl.com/dg353h. I aspire to be this person!

    PS - what is up with your blogger id on my site??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kay-
    When I read this, I thought for sure you were speaking of me. Glad to know there is more than one of us here in good ole PV.
    You are ALWAYS welcome to borrow anything that is my garage.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

say hi, leave a note. comments make me all happy inside.