May 29, 2009

friendship

my dear friend. i just adore her. i haven't seen her in months as she has been battling breast cancer. i ran into her this morning getting coffee and was welcomed with a big, warm hug. a much needed hug and some giggles. something about her draws us all to her. she is full of life, stories & laughter. true to her personality she was more worried about me than herself.

as i walked back to my desk, i couldn't help but think of all the strong women i have in my life. the women that circle around you, protect you and keep you from falling apart. the women that are brutally honest and hide nothing from you knowing there is no judgement in friendship. the women that are going through their own unheard of hardships but focus on you instead. the women that are full of wisdom, advice and love. and the women, like my friend today, that have no idea that simply seeing them for a few minutes is sometimes all you need.

1 comment:

say hi, leave a note. comments make me all happy inside.