May 20, 2009

now, discover who you are. go.

this weekend will be brody's first weekend visit with his daddy. he leaves on sat and i get him back on monday. he doesn't understand days or time yet, so i will tell him saturday morning otherwise i will be explaining over and over for the next few days why his daddy isn't here yet. this child will be overflowing with excitement when he leaves in his daddy's big truck (biiiiiiiggggggggg truck, so says brody).

me? not so great. when you become a mommy, you have to discover yourself all over again. and when you get a divorce, you have to discover yourself. again. and when you find yourself alone for the first time since your child was born, you have to discover yourself. again.

so here i go again, discovering. normal people would make plans with family & friends...but i think i will just chill and let the weekend happen...see how it is to really be alone.

what to do, what to do...
1) drink some wine, go to bed late & sleep in (can you hear me cheering?)
2) go to the pool in my hot new bikini and finally get a tan...or a burn
3) RUN! finally, I get to go for a run again...first time since this winter
4) paint my entryway (martini olive, thanks to my oh for heaven cakes pal)
5) plant more flowers...and with that the need for more kleenex and claritin

...and I will likely spend a large amount of time sitting on brody's bed with his fred bird wishing he were at home.

by monday, i hope to be discovered and to have my baby back.

2 comments:

  1. I am around all weekend if you need a change of scenery. I can supply wine, beer, vodka, rum, gin or whatver necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl I wish I was going to be in town. The next time Brody goes with daddy we will go out and tear up the town..hehehe. Have a great weekend and call if you need to chat. Love you. Kristie

    ReplyDelete

say hi, leave a note. comments make me all happy inside.