Apr 9, 2010

my friend introduced me to a new little toy shop down the street. in the cutest building ever. with the cutest owner ever. and since neither of us had anything better to do we drilled her with questions. why do you own a toy shop? are you married? what does your husband do? where do you get all these toys? are you happy? can i trade lives with you? kidding. i didn't ask that last question.

short version of her story is that she used to run a non-profit agency, has 3 kids, is married to a producer that shoots documentaries and always wanted to own a lil toy shop. i love her and hate her equally.

on the walk back i moaned and groaned that this girl had stolen my life. i was supposed to have a little shop. and marry the sweet, cool guy. she can keep the extra 2 kids though, i only wanted 1.

this led to trying to explain my type. calm. introverted. cool. witty. smart. quiet.

with the exception of adorable boy, i have always assumed that only meatheads are attracted to me. since marc is an analyst he determined that this isn't really the case. the problem is that most men are indeed meatheads and my type is just a tiny portion of the population. therefore, statistically speaking i am less likely to meet them...and since they aren't extroverts, if by chance i do meet them they will never ask me out.

so the results were that i will always be alone. and i pretty much already knew that since toy shop girl stole my husband and my toy shop.

1 comment:

  1. Yes...you've summed everything up quite nicely. Except the part about you always being alone....

    ReplyDelete

say hi, leave a note. comments make me all happy inside.