Apr 19, 2010

i signed up for my first 5k last august. trained and everything. the race ended up being the same weekend that i said goodbye to adam as he headed back to florida. didn't make it. didn't even cross my mind.

my 2nd 5k - er, i guess this is still my 1st - is quickly approaching. this time in iowa. driving a few hours to run a few miles.

i started training a few weeks ago but in my mind the race was always a few weeks away. plenty of time to procrastinate. insert twisted ankle from tripping over a sidewalk crack. 1 week no training. insert self-diagnosed broken toe from tripping over a different sidewalk crack. 1 week no training.

and now here i am, 2 weeks out. now i have been running from time to time, but i had no idea how far i was running. tonight though, i bought a pedometer.

and i haven't been running 3 miles.

not even close.

so i might not finish that race running...but i will make it to the bar afterwards. that's my new goal. bc i don't need to train for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

say hi, leave a note. comments make me all happy inside.