Mar 8, 2009

my happy, my funny

this week began with the worst toddler fit on record during a friday night trip to the grocery store...after a quick run-through in the child buggy cart, brody decided he was not getting out. this was a 10 min tug of war until finally i yank him out...get to the park lot & he wiggled right out of my arms (after a few bites & punches)...in a split second he was crawling on all fours in front of a moving car...drop the bags, my purse and franctically run after him, an onlooker runs after him, car screeches to a stop. another onlooker grabs my stuff and luckily waits for me instead of stealing it, they help me get him into the car, he jumps in the front seat and has a stand-off with me on the front floor board. we finally get home and i tell him he was a bad boy. his response is "it was fun". after a few glasses of wine, i thought it was fun too.

a man in his 70s came over to talk to brody & i at the park. he seemed harmless so we chit chat...weather, the kids, etc. next thing i know he has invited us over to his house to see the new harry potter room that he built in his basement. now i know most old men are harmless so i am choosing to believe he really does have a harry potter room in his basement...for his grandkids, maybe? as cute as it may be, we will not be finding out firsthand. crazy old man.

and i end the week on a bit of happy, as i just saw the joy on a toddler's face as he had his first taste of m&ms. mostly happy mixed with some complications, as he now refuses to take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

say hi, leave a note. comments make me all happy inside.