Jun 24, 2010

my friend, amy, can do anything. really. she's a fantastic mom. wife. friend. photographer. cook. everything.

but she gets me in trouble. she makes me believe that i can do the things that she can do. and i just can't.

but we got ourselves in trouble together with these cabinets. 2 homes and neither of us have finished. and it has been weeeeeeeeks.

first pic was taken tonight for amy to share in my misery.

the cabinets have been now sanded inside & out (thanks to the power-sander my mom gave me). and 2 coats of primer inside & out. and lots of "this stupid bleeping house".


problem though is all the cabinets are here. in the garage. un-sanded. un-primed. un-painted. oh and see that door. for some reason i decided to take it out of my bathroom. and i can't get it back on. so now our bathroom is door-less.

so instead of finishing all of the above projects, i started a new one. it gives me a sense of accomplishment. even though i did nothing but call the guy to come do it. and write him a check. same thing i should have done with those kitchen cabinets.

2 comments:

  1. You are too kind (& a liar!) and I love you. Um do you see how good what you got done is!? REALLY, look at it. YOU DID THAT. By yourself!!! That means you are awesome! And someday it will be done and you can be all, "I did that". It just sucks that it's a project from HELL.

    I don't know what to tell you about the bathroom door...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tub looks great... now if you can just keep water in it without stuffing washcloths in the drain!

    ReplyDelete

say hi, leave a note. comments make me all happy inside.