Nov 1, 2009

crash

i finally broke down today. my friends say that i am strong. my sister says i am stubborn. i am somewhere in the middle.

i never break down.

after 3 weekends in a row of being sick. very sick. i finally broke down.

in the middle of target.

i just needed laundry detergent. simple.

brody isn't allowed to walk beside me in the store bc he will take off. he has to sit in the cart, hold onto the cart with his fingers or help push it.

today though, independent brody wanted to push it without my help. 2 problems. first, the cart is too heavy for him. second, he had his feet on the lower rack rather than the ground.

i tried to help push. he would scream. i tried to explain he cannot push the cart without his feet on the ground. he would yell.

i backed up knowing he would ask for my help. he didn't.

i turned my head for a second. turned back to see him running with the cart. then saw a girl headed his way.

and boom.

yep, he ran her down.

i apologized. sincerely. i was indeed sorry that my child just crashed into the poor girl.

she was pissed. pissed.

hang head in shame. walk away. and i broke. in the paper towel aisle. i should have been mad. brody should have gotten in trouble. but i couldn't stop crying.

and then sweet brody told me he loved me.

and he never did get in trouble. smart kid.

2 comments:

  1. Lil trick: Tell Brody a bad man will get him if he doesn't sit in the cart. I know, I know... It's probably terrible parenting, but whatever works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a 'secret' button on my cell phone that calls 'the cops'. lol --it works. probably not a good parenting tip, but, again, whatever works.

    ReplyDelete

say hi, leave a note. comments make me all happy inside.