Sep 6, 2009

fall

i have spent a lot of time feeling sorry for myself this week. too much pain. too many drugs. add an almost 3 year old to the mix, one that pounces on me every chance he gets. i finally snapped out of it this morning and woke up to a sense of normalcy, no pain and no drugs. thank you doctor for giving me a limited supply, i would have indeed taken them forever.

fall has arrived. which means i have to prepare this house for it. i have no clue what i am supposed to do. my mom continually reminds me (and by that i mean just about everyday) to cover the holes under my sink so mice don't get in and to change the filter on my furnace.

my house doesn't have a basement, just a crawl space. if you are a blog follower, then you already know i hate basements. i hate crawl spaces even more. shamefully, i bought this house without even going down there to look at it. i still haven't gone down there. i opened the cute little fairy-like door to peek in. there is gravel on the floor, lots of spiderwebs and it's dark. no way in hell am i going down there. changing the filter will have to wait.

i did though take care of the mouse business. i covered the holes under my sink that open down to the crawl space. i also bought mouse sticky traps. i have mixed feelings about this bc i don't want to kill (torture) them. luckily i bought 2 bc my hand got stuck in the first one. do not touch me for a few days...unless you want to be stuck to me then go ahead.

pretty sure there are some other things i am supposed to do for fall. i will google.

5 comments:

  1. That is the reason I bought a townhouse b/c I knew I would have no idea how to take care of all the house stuff. I don't even know what to do now with my air filters. I hate being an adult!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would bug bomb in a week or two. It will kill all the creepy crawly critters. Just have to vacate for 2 hours - just enough time to meet for a drink. Or two. Or seven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even know what a crawl space is. Is it like a little cellar?
    Change your air filters a lot. It will help with dust.

    Oooh the mouse thing. I'm such a wuss, I'd have been crying the whole time I set the trap. I hope you don't have any.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If... your furnace is in your crawl space, leave the filter for the lawn guy by the slightly opened door, maybe he will replace it for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still want to know what you had done. Because I ask too many questions.

    ReplyDelete

say hi, leave a note. comments make me all happy inside.